STO 1.42% $6.92 santos limited

My last post in this topic but love talking about investing too....

1. 5,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 487
    My last post in this topic but love talking about investing too.

When I was at university, OSH's managing director Peter came to our SPE dinner and gave an interesting talk about Oil Search oil exploration in PNG. Beyond our basic knowledge learnt from university at the time, OSH was successful in dealing with the local community, the difficult terrains where a number of exploration techniques/steps need to be bypassed. He actually was and still admired by all of us for his visions. At the time, they were still talking about bringing gas to QLD not building LNG plant. When I worked in the industry, I heard of oil personnel got shot with arrows in PNG but I couldn't confirm that. It is definitely not a stable investment place.

We now hear about the earth quake and how the 8 weeks shut down would affect OSH.

I would ask the man I admired, why don't you diversify your business sooner so that the 8 weeks shut down will do little to us shareholders. Blaming him for every thing bad of course.

But I would imagine that he will teach me a lesson on investing and how to sleep well at night. Diversifying your investment. It costs you almost nothing and no time to split your money into different risk assets. It costs OSH millions and years to do that. I can't blame Peter on earthquake or unrest.

Just my little opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.100(1.42%)
Mkt cap ! $22.47B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.01 $7.02 $6.89 $38.98M 5.618M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 40697 $6.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.92 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.