AMI 2.86% 18.0¢ aurelia metals limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-16

1. KKR
    1,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    Good morning folks.

If you were Pacific Road and had 36% of a company that that was now worth over $150 million, substantially up over what they put in less than 5 years ago, and knew they had the ability to sell all their holdings with little disruption to the company before the EOFY. I can see why they have done it. It's a bloody good profit. Think about how amazing Pacific Road is going to look as a fund manager on the local rankings. Performance over 1, 3 & 5 years will be pretty good.

They can legitimately claim they identify small companies and actively participate as a shareholder. If it wasn't for their backing Aurelia may well have have gone under.

Having held shares in company who had a major shareholder owning over 35%. Then they suddenly offloaded their holding to a large Chinese miner who subsequently launched a low-ball takeover was a horrible outcome.

Now we have a number of fund managers that own Pacific Roads stake and dilutes this possible outcome. I would have expected JP Morgan to have sniffed out the possibility of a large buyer wanting their whole 36% if one was around.

Personally I'm very pleased to see a spread of instos now on the books. It gives us some protection from a low-ball takeover. Perhaps in another year when the market sees what the consolidated mines actually produce, cash flow, exploration plans/results we might be more attractive than we are today. If not I'm looking forward to a multiple dollar share price.

All the best.

KKR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $304.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $275.0K 1.530M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 656462 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 134486 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.