AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Re the 3 players, maybe 4, chasing 'not because they (Atlas)...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Re the 3 players, maybe 4, chasing 'not because they (Atlas) have nothing', I noted a 'whiff' of blocking stakes about Twiggy's and Rinehart's 19.9%'s, after I read the AFR article I posted here, earlier today.

That whiff got stronger when I read the Oz article rcman posted a little later.

But, I also wasn't dissuaded from my earlier view, that there are deals in there, somewhere.

The Oz fella wonders whether Twiggy and Rinehart knew MIN had cottoned to Atlas's NWI rights lapsing, and 'expressing' an interest in developing a chunk of capacity available via those lapsed rights (and, they're the only ones to have expressed such interest, apparently).

If that's right, and Twiggy and Rinehart hadn't cottoned, it looks to me like Ellison is on track to deal into Atlas's operating port, for Lithium ex-Wodgina - as he stated was his original intention - and develop the NWI capacity as part of a package of iron ore infrastructure, to bring together a lower cost route to market for 'juniors'.

That Oz article points pretty strongly at blocking stakes, for mine. Of course, Twiggy and Rinehart would not have had that as their only aim or, at least, they have would stacked up the contingencies.

But, I still think Ellison's in the driver's seat and, after reading those 2 articles, even moreso than I thought yesterday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.