AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-260

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    The game seems to have changed a tad, today.

I did try to post the following this morning, before the halt, but had trouble getting connected;

"Dunno about the port question.

As I understand it, the PLS plan is DSO until the concentrate facility is up and going, then mostly concentrate, with the POSCO off take deal portion being shipped to Sth Korea for conversion to carbonate/hydroxide via a JV plant.

Not sure how the JV plant deal is structured, but POSCO did take an equity stake in PLS. They probably did so to further theirs and Sth Korea's battery materials industry.

That's why I think it doesn't quite fit with what Johnston said, and would probably have him 'prefer others' for helping to build a local battery materials industry in WA."

I'm not quite clear on what Rinehart's bid means for Atlas's existing port capacity, although the AFR does suggest she's keen on the govt compromising on new capacity;

"Mrs Rinehart's Roy Hill has berths at Port Hedland, which are adjacent to two others, known as South West Creek 3 and 4, earmarked for development by junior miners.

MinRes has expressed an interest in developing one of the berths while it is understood Roy Hill could benefit from the development of the third under a compromise on the West Australian government's junior miner reservation policy."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.