NWH 0.98% $3.60 nrw holdings limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-4

1. 18,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3887
    Hello Phil
    It’s nice to see you.

On these points, I’d love to hear from wiser and more experienced minds .. ...... until then I think that $2.40 line is a wall for collecting any fruit that falls beneath it rather than protecting shorters?

I like it! ..I was reading a story about one of the gurus’ gurus and it said ‘accumulation/consolidation’ is a key season in a stock’s price cycle. (Wyckoff?)...... and this builds energy from which to ‘spring’ upwards.
    Logical really.

And last night I found the lead into that AFR story on Vinva that I wasn’t able to access before :

“The 'outlier': how Vinva Investment Management dominates the local quant market
    DECEMBER 18, 2017

Vinva Investment Management may just be the country's biggest funds management success story that isn't talked about. The quant-driven fund, which has $25.5 billion under management, counts some of the country's largest superannuation funds as clients and has consistently outperformed its benchmark index.

It has also proven to be extremely lucrative, with Vinva already among the most profitable independent funds in the local market; it has allowed its shareholders to pull out more than $100 million in dividends from the business in just seven years.

But Vinva is low-profile, and likes to keep it that way. When contacted for this article, managing director and head of equity investments Morry Waked declined to comment, in keeping with the fund's previous responses to requests for interviews.

The firm's reluctance to talk about its business publicly belies a successful approach that has seen come to dominate a space that has tended to be left to international players.
    But that was the plan from day one, in July 2010, when a series of moves led to a sizeable hole in international investment house BlackRock's Australian operations after its $US13.5 billion acquisition of Barclays Global Investors in 2009.....”

(Here’s where it links to the story posted yesterday: )

.... “Waked had previously been the boss of BGI's Australian operations and then Blackrock's head of equities after the acquisitions.

But he left Blackrock in March 2010, two months after other former BGI colleagues's such as Nick Burt, BlackRock's former head of research. Andrew Jackson, who took over from Waked after his departure, soon followed. Backing the venture financially were some of BGI's most well-respected managers, including Justin Wood, Bruce Goddard and Richard Grinold.

Others who joined included head of marketing Katherine Allchin, systems developer Duncan Forrest, portfolio manager Trent Larcombe and former head sales person Charlie Genocchio, to name just some.

"Prior to starting Vinva, they were one of the most successful quantitative managers in the previous decade. I think to all of us that looked at Vinva when they were launching, it was clear it was leading edge, there had been a significant investment in what they were doing," says Frontier Advisors' director of research Fraser Murray.....”

Last edited by sabine: 02/03/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.60
Change
0.035(0.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.629B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.53 $3.61 $3.51 $1.948M 545.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 18170 $3.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.60 17119 49
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NWH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.