SDA 0.00% 79.0¢ speedcast international limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-27

1. 3,879 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 408
    You don't seem stupid Scott - but constantly asking for the same answer only seemed like you were trolling and not willing to look further to the discussions that have already occurred.

Tutor put it as "enhance return"... I would agree with this description - PMC and many other LIC's and investment vehicles do it too - previously it was done by using puts and call options - now it is done by shorting, which muddies the whole share register as they take their view on the daily / weekly / longer roller coaster ride of the share price.

However - I also view that a short involves two parties, as you can't short a share unless someone is willing to loan it out to you - expecting it to be returned to finish the transaction. Norges - in my eyes - is involved in shorting (to get their yield enhancement) - not just SDA, but many shares (which perhaps they do hold for the LT) on the ASX.

I don't have examples right now... but there are plenty of examples for Norges, Goldman Sachs, MUFG, CBA and others that are constantly providing change in holding notices for ASX shares, which all lead to the conclusions of short trading or facilitating short trading.

Why, oh why could they just not have kept using put and call options instead of allowing short trading to even be a thing. That and HFT while I am on the soap box.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.