CDV 0.00% $1.08 cardinal resources limited

This is the best opportunistic play I have ever seen. Moved...

1. 2ic
    5,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4864
    This is the best opportunistic play I have ever seen. Moved after stale holders have been selling out, shorted it from 27th Feb heavily and couldn't believe their luck with a market crash that dragged down gold and gold stocks with perfect timing.

Where does this leave Archie and the board, most of whom are probably still asleep overseas finalising finance deal? They need to obviously fight for a better offer but that takes time and they probably don;t have enough cash for a long fight. Can Archie do a finance deal and new bridging loan while under a TO offer? Can Archie issue more shares in a CR under a TO offer? Can CDV sell into a JV or issue a controlling stake of shares to a new partner while under a TO offer? What percentage of shareholder approval will nay of tghe above require, can Nord and GF block such moves? I just don't know...

A bidding war with another party is a clear and satisfactory outcome obviously. The market seems non-plussed at 35c and happy just to raise cash to use elsewhere. In a different market I have no doubts it would be in the 40's but in this market everyone juts wants their money back in cash and to stem the losses. Does anyone even have cash to punt CDV even if you wanted to lol?

The thought that CDV might get stolen at the 59 min mark of the 11th hour for a song is a cruel thought and would be devastating to Archie obviously. The market of late has played a big role in setting up this remarkable situation, but then again the board has played it's part. At AUD 61c today this offer is equivalent to the high 30's only last Dec when AUD was back up to 70c USD, In 2018 prices A$44c is the equivalent to A$33.5c when the AUD was 80c USD. Someone call the cops, CDV is being mugged....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.