BEN 0.25% $12.14 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-44

1. 1,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 398
    Any system or plan is not flawless nor can they be omnipotent - it would be wonderful to have perfection. BENs charity arm is not aimed at individuals but community groups which are able to show that they build community strength. IMO stronger communities provide better in the long run for the disdavantaged individuals within them. I have volunteered for 25 years and have seen outcomes achieved - my group did not by any means provide for everyone but it did not turn any individual away and did its best to provide the implements for improvement. The basic idea is that Govt pensions and payments are there to provide the basics of food and shelter for individuals and sometimes it is not enough but there is nothing at all for the areas which are generally supported by volunteer groups and business charities such as BENs charity arm. However I think you will find that business do donate to charities which assist and provide basics for needy individuals through the charities which support those that are in genuine need (or whose needs exceed those handed out by Govt) such as Foodbank, Vinnies, Salvation Army and smaller local volunteer groups etc. Just a bit of context - I am an ex-banker , financier, bailiff, repossession and collection manager and have seen some pretty awful desperate situations in my time and could not help them because of my position within the organisation which held the loan and the security I was taking to help ensure the profits were made for shareholders who held the notes and shares. In those days there was little or no charity arising from business and interest in the community only extended to keeping the company image clean and belonging to Lions or Rotary in the hope that it would help write business. Thank goodness we have progressed beyond that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.14
Change
-0.030(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $6.895B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.25 $12.25 $12.07 $14.34M 1.181M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11297 $12.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.14 13628 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.