ZLD 0.71% 70.0¢ zelira therapeutics limited

Cannabis flower is the fastest growing prescription form of the...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    Cannabis flower is the fastest growing prescription form of the drug in Australia by quite a margin, and I would agree with the view that prescribing cannabis flower to smoke in an attempt to treat a medical condition is based on anecdotal evidence at best. Zelira products are very different from this segment of the medical cannabis market however. As the market becomes more crowded, points of difference between one product and another become even more significant, if a clinician has the choice between pushing a prescription for an evidence based product over ‘weed’ or cannabis oil that’s not aimed at any conditions in particular (Little Green Pharma) it’s not hard to work out which one the clinicians will be most comfortable with; I’d suggest it’ll be the same for people switching over from more traditional insomnia drugs.

So not all medical cannabis is equivalent, Zelira has chosen the slower path to market which is to be scientifically validated, nearly every other company I’m aware off has skipped that step and chosen the quick buck option, Zelira’s strategy will mean more robust products that will stand the test of time and gradually win consumer confidence because they’re backed by science. When it comes to marketing and subsequent sales, customer perception is everything.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZLD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.