ASB 0.42% $2.38 austal limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder, page-37

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I mean I fully appreciate anyone participating in debate, so go for it. But I'm still confused as the logic here:
    • Twiggy buys a small stake in ASB
    • Twiggy turned a company from nothing to being worth $66B in less than 20 years
    • Twiggy owns RM Williams, Harvest Road, has investments in many more companies like SFM marine, also has a large and successful property portfolio and a whole pile of other stuff
    • Twiggy also runs FFI which yes is focused on making Green Hydrogen which is premised on engineering which may have questionable economics but none the less is helping investment in the space and driving political/social awareness of such technologies
    • You are worried that his small stake will see him involved with how ASB is run and that would be negative for ASB

You do see how this is a ridiculous conclusion to draw. No one in current ASB management is comparably as capable of a manager as Twiggy, in fact there'd be only a handful in Australia that are as successful as Twiggy and you're worried he might have a negative impact? And honestly at a 5-6% stake the chance that he has a meaningful impact on how things are run right now is tiny...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.38
Change
0.010(0.42%)
Mkt cap ! $862.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.41 $2.36 $1.149M 481.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6415 $2.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.39 4404 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.