PNV 0.78% $2.58 polynovo limited

@kickit2meWell spotted ... so in the announcement take a look at...

1. 5,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1827
    @kickit2me

Well spotted ... so in the announcement take a look at the spreadsheet ... and look at the largest transaction date ... say 31 May 22 specifically!

Then notice how 1,069,000 odd shares were loaned and borrowed between the holder and borrower ... in this case JPM Chase Bank NA (???) I assume this is a US subsidiary bank.

Then look at the short data for that date ... https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=pnv

Then notice the zig zag and how it lines up.

Like I said earlier today ... someone is shorting a basket of high beta stocks and in this case it looks like the trail leads to JPM and their subsidiaries.

Like I've said before ... in effect "shorting against the box" in this case through a lending arrangement. (I believe this happens all the time. The lender receives a fee for loaning the equity out.)

The trading (shorter) party is the subsidiary and the (long position) owner the central entity - it would seem.

But all you naïve strong longs poo-poo'd that idea ... however there's the proof.

Which further suggests that the trading patterns are more likely to be influenced by the charts and the general markets than any short data. (It is the chart and the general market that influences the shorting - not the other way around!)

Good!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.020(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $1.780B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.61 $2.63 $2.56 $2.465M 952.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 10700 $2.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.58 24502 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.