LTR 3.45% 75.0¢ liontown resources limited

Having said all of the above I also share @Gers point of view....

1. 127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Think this is spot on. The inequity in the system and the fact that the big boys get to manipulate prices of stock to screw over retail investors without consequence is shameful. I can appreciate the argument that allowing shorting creates a healthier market, but the rules should be the same for all market participants. Bots trading tiny parcels driving prices up or down in tiny increments should be outlawed. I'd favour a reasonable minimum order amount for all market participants.
    Having said all of the above I also share @Gers point of view. The fundamentals of LTR and where they will be in two years are known to us all. No amount of shorting will hold back the tide of cash that is coming. The company being shorted is kind of redundant to long term holders. In fact even if the shorters manage to manipulate the SP lower, this provides an opportunity to continue to add to my holdings at under what they are worth, before the market reality hits and shareholders are ultimately rewarded with much higher share prices and dividends. Can't hold back the tide.
    So even though inequity exists between the rules for retail investors and institutions, I'm trying to be ambivalent and focusing on the fact that the shorting will have one of two outcomes. 1. Be successful in driving down the price (I'll add and win long term) or 2. A squeeze may see the price spike, the shorters get hurt, and shareholders win sooner. Happy to live with either scenario, so I kind of think SS good or SS bad on the register. Who cares?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
75.0¢
Change
0.025(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.818B
Open High Low Value Volume
73.5¢ 75.5¢ 73.0¢ $8.192M 11.01M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 825699 74.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 321345 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.