LYC 1.09% $6.98 lynas rare earths limited

My take is Gina is creating the context for a takeover of Lynas...

1. 1,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    My take is Gina is creating the context for a takeover of Lynas by MP to be approvable by FIRB.

Given the Strategic Minerals grandstanding by this Government, the rejection of the foreign TO of Lynas a few years ago and the general Made in Australia Future a takeover by MP of Lynas following the break down on talks in Jan could not be approved by Chalmers: it is just too outside of what Labor has been projecting.

But what if MP had and Aussie flavour. What if a significant shareholder of both companies saw synergies.??

Lynas problem is that it is a top performer but it has no protector. NO-one in the Lynas world is important enough to protect the company. Lynas has survived to date because it has an exceptional resource (Mt Weld) and exceptional technology which Japan and the US have considered necessary for their purposes and therefore it must survive.

Those reasons protect LYC from the 'enemy' China, but they will not protect LYC from the corporate barbarians of the establishment. LYC has not Royalty in is ranks. LYC needs a BHP or equivalent on is register or as it best friend, telling the barbarians to keep their hands off.

The US need for rare earths is a problem of a totally different dimension to the corporate technological world in which LYC has seen itself operating.

IN my view MP has decided it needs LYC technology. Amanda has played her corporate cards and had an initial victory by telling them the terms they are talking is not satisfactory.

US companies don't play second fiddle where core assets are concerned.

MP is moving to Geopolitical. Registers being dressed up on both sides.

Gina is Royalty. She has the presence to make the MP transaction look like a realignment of Aussie assets by Aussies.

In reality the US is taking the technology because it is too valuable to be sitting in a company as small and as disconnected as Lynas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.98
Change
0.075(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $6.514B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.91 $7.00 $6.90 $20.81M 2.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 18432 $6.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.98 2110 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.97
  Change
0.075 ( 0.67 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.93 $7.00 $6.90 528434
Last updated 15.21pm 16/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.