DYL 1.73% $1.42 deep yellow limited

Stevo I suspect it’s State Street were the short sellers caught...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 582
    Stevo I suspect it’s State Street were the short sellers caught with their pants down during the last capital raising and still short circa 20 million DYL shares

the reason they keep popping up as a substantial holder and then a further notice ceasing to be a substantial holder, is because State Street have borrowed a substantial quantity of DYL shares which they then sold short.

The market moved against them as DYL rose in price (instead of falling) and now as State Street are slowly buying shares back on market (to close out their short position) it’s pushing their total DYL holding (with the borrower shares which still have to be paid back) over 5% triggering a substantial shareholder notice, then when State Street close out some of their short position that triggers them to issue a ceasing to be a substantial shareholder notice.

above is all guess work on my part - but I can’t see any other logical explanation for the continual “substantial shareholder notices” followed by “ceasing to be a substantial holder” notice

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6302/6302715-c51b1202dbd34e8b24d9d96c8e6f53e3.jpg

Last edited by 92electrons: 10/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.