BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Ann: Benitec US Re-exam Update , page-2

1. 1,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    That would have to be the most obtuse announcement I have ever attempted to decipher:

I will attempt a translation - any posters out there who would care to revise/reject/endorse?

The Graham 099 patent is an asset to BLT, provided the Patent office endorses it and beats off the challengers. An important element of this patent relates to "synthetic DNA construct designs with longer 'stuffer fragments'".

The announcement tells us that these elements of the patent are free of prior art, so that's the good news - that part of the patent is valid, at least.

The announcement also tells us only one ground of objection remains for other elements of the Graham patent, the objection of prior art (I think), but at this point I admit defeat.

No wonder there was a 10% drop in the SP once the trading halt was lifted. Any announcement this mangled has to be hiding bad news, doesn't it? One may well think so.

Actually, the news I gather is positive, and BLT tells us it's positive, so ..... it's positive?

Disclosure: I used to hold a while back, but not at present. Watching with interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.