MHK 1.64% 6.0¢ metal hawk limited.

Hey Bug, nothing wrong with AC drilling for komatiite nickel...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    Hey Bug, nothing wrong with AC drilling for komatiite nickel deposits. It's the smart way to start for many reasons. First, it's cheap and gives you decent geochem data, second it is far more reliable than EM plates or IP for channelised nickel deposits which is the style of deposit Metal Hawk are after. Those methods can be helpful but are often confounded by near surface sulfidic sediment horizons which abound around the kal and kambalda area in places, and also by palaeochannels with hypersaline groundwaters. They will also not help much for deep blind deposits or in IP's case help for channelised massive nickel sulfide when there is little disemminated sulfide dispersion clouds around the ore bodies as is the case sometimes in Kambalda. EM is also not often verybuseful for even near surface weathered channels as they tend to be quite small. AC wont help much either if there is huge depth of cover or the deposit is very deep but that's not usually the hope with first pass drilling by AC.
    The AC holes also help to pinpoint the contact of the ultramafic and whatever the underlying footwall might be in the area. If the cover isn't thick then anomalous nickel plus copper will often mean a magamatic source and not just a residual enrichment of nickel by near surface weathering. The ultramafic rock may be obvious in aeromag but other rocks with high magnetite content like some sediments can also lead you afoul, another reason to drill.
    They had some descent intersections in 16 and 23 with elevated nickel 5m at .48%Ni in 16 I think with anomalous copper as well. Hole 23 was pretty good too so overall I think it's a good start. I'm less excited by the large EM plates but I'm sure once they get all the AC data back they will priortise their RC holes well. Seem to be doing a good systematic start at it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $6.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.1¢ 6.1¢ 6.0¢ $18.34K 302.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 232500 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.36pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.1¢ 6.1¢ 6.1¢ 12384
Last updated 10.24am 01/05/2024 ?
MHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.