SGQ 6.25% 2.6¢ st george mining limited

Good suggestion Abos, Uranium has been a passion of mine since...

1. 1,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Good suggestion Abos, Uranium has been a passion of mine since before the major discoveries of Jabiluka, Ranger and Nabarlek back in my pup days, not to mention Yileerie, Frome, Honeymoon and ultimately Roxby Downs. The early ones precipitated the Fox enquiry and the rest is history. Every power generating technique has its misgivings when it comes to pollution and dangers. Coal probably being the worst, but potentially, technically more easily manageable.

On the subject of coal, another small factoid which is also amusing, is that, as you probably know Abos, there are 3 parts per million of uranium going up the stacks of coal fired power generators. (This being the average content as an impurity in coal deposits). I say amusing because the bright spark ill informed contrarian "Greenies" have not woken up to that fact. A harmless fall you might say in that there are no statistics on sterilisation of males or other cancers caused from this fall out. and probably there haven't been any ill effects from this fallout anyway. But, I have been involved in uranium exploration for many years and was surrounded by very high grade samples in my field tents and on the desks of the various offices I sat at. I still managed to sire two very healthy boys, now men, am in my seventies and touch wood , no signs of the dreaded "C". - Just a bit of tongue in cheek and some anecdotal frivolity, and please forgive me if I have offended anyone -.

Irrespective of all the above, I do strongly believe that nuclear energy generated electricity using a uranium source, will eventually be the essential most reliable and clean source of our power consumption. On the subject of impurities, SGQ has some of them in their nickel sulphides. But we prefer to refer to them as associated or accessory minerals, I am talking of course of the cobalt, PGE's and possibly some gold that are present in the ore, the former, in not such shy grades either.

So, to you Abos, Averagejoe2013 and Rhama, I thank you for taking me back to rekindle my good early uranium exploration days. I do miss them.

Go SGQ!
    Cheers to you all,
    Helmenesh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $25.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ $50.84K 1.996M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 751317 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.