BET 0.00% 8.3¢ betmakers technology group ltd

OK. A long time holder here and I need to vent. Gotta say this...

1. 116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    OK. A long time holder here and I need to vent.

Gotta say this is looking like a huge but understandable overreaction. Anyway, it's a non-binding indicative bid.

I can see the bigger picture here and think that this will be yet another blip on the way up. I've bought a lot more today at $1.16. Wish I'd waited as this is still going south ($1.10 at the time of writing) but as always with BET we have no real idea when amazing announcements will drop. e.g. a more solid FoxBet opportunity could drop any day now. I wouldn't be surprised if something meaningful comes in the next few weeks.

If I had any peeve with this situation it'd be the confusion around BET NOT being involved in retail in anyway, and now seeming to be making an insane commitment financially in terms of dilution and so on for current holders to get into a fossil of a business. That seems on the surface as greedy, ill-conceived, and unrealistic. Net effect: confusing and possibly looking stupid. The dilution only feels palatable to the masses if the thing we're acquiring is lovable. It's not! So the strategy play underneath has to be the thing to look at. Because surely, there's more to the data/media services underneath that BET want from TAB for the global play. And, in this case, how many holders truly and intimately understand the depth of strategic play required to change the industry and make money from it - VERY FEW - and we're lucky enough to have the key people in our leadership/advisory structure. But my point is, they can't convey all the nuances of their brilliance, nor can they fully disclose it for risk of showing their cards.

So, maybe we should have some faith in the BET management and their strategy. They've pulled off some great things so far e.g. Sportech.

It's possible that the 'reinvigorate the Tabcorp Wagering and Media business' reference from Matt Tripp is considering something vastly more revolutionary than simply cleaning up the shop and putting better tech under it. . He may be thinking of other significant structural changes and spin outs of it after it's acquired. It may be a temporary stepping stone to something 10x bigger!

Despite the situation I have strong faith in the leadership and vision.

If they are genuinely playing games with TAH and deliberately posturing around a deal just to create an environment they need, I wouldn't at all be surprised by it. Sadly it's creating a lot of unrest and losses for those that are less enamoured with BET management approach.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.