ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 13,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2695
    Just a cameo post and I will be off again. Not going to get involved in never-ending circular debates again.

My take is that the BFS is not particularly bad and not particularly good. Just average - with pretty average NPV and IRR.

It will be a real task securing the development capital given the high cost and low IRR. The NAIF funding will, I think, be necessary to get it over the line.

There really was a lot of uninformed posts yesterday - very painful to read. Things like $9B profit (lol) and this post with its assumed $300M after tax profit.

The more correct 'after tax profit' is the forecast free cash flow of $144M per annum ($2.6B over 18 years). And this, of course, depends on the various assumptions stacking up (and those assumptions can be debated until the cows come home).

On a per share basis, this free cash flow will be significantly diluted once the 40% component of the capital is raised (not to mention the Bergen conversion dilution).

Don't know if it was commented on, as I did not read all the posts (who could?) but there is no mention in either the BFS announcement or the presentation of the SKI take-up of the 19.9%. In fact, SKI was only mentioned with respect to the potential pre-payment/streaming of product supply. This is extremely telling - and suggests that the SKI $80M investment will not be forthcoming. It would have been a no-brainer to include it in the preso, if it was still a goer.

As far as immediate term financing solution is concerned, forget it. Based on the schedule provided in the announcement, finance will not be finalised until mid-2019, probably after BFS optimisation.

Clearly, based on what has been written, there are a lot of inexperienced punters here who are clueless about NPV, discount rates, IRR, EBITDA, dilution etc.

This is a useful article for placing yesterday's announcement into some sort of context, with respect to these metrics:

https://masterinvestor.co.uk/latest/how-to-value-junior-mining-stocks/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $9.789M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $6.054K 774.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 6195629 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 3688795 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.31am 03/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.