VRC 12.5% 0.4¢ volt resources limited

hi there, thanks for the tag. Yes lurking in the shadows and not...

1. 3,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12545
    hi there,

thanks for the tag. Yes lurking in the shadows and not posting much on anything I hold. combination of life priorities and a general distancing of posting on socials.

Tough months for a lot of reasons. VRC cash burn, graphite plummeting, macro market faltering. All things considered most of those items may be lessening.

I'll keep it short as I am a few wines deep. Company seems to have pivoted in the right direction under prashant. though I'd think it naive to not think some of the foundations had been lay by Trevor previously but the fresh view/fresh standpoint was definitely required. Sometimes that's just what companies need. P.S I'm relatively new here so not really as jaded.

I consider the graphite price movement fairly temporary. you can't have dozens (what was it like 50 or 60 rnu sized graphite projects by 2030 to meet supply? Can't recall the figure but it's enormous. So whatever the prevailing graphite price it's a matter of when not if.

macro wise Inflation data coming back in lower than expectations. showing cooling. FED and other won't push the rate hikes too much further and risk breaking the system. If it comes between inflation and completely cooking the markets the fed will choose inflation. So I think next rate hike will either be flat or possibly last one.

On the graphite offtake. It's about precedence. Even a binding offtake means nothing if you never make it to production. But this now sets a wheel in motion whereby at least one company is willing to commit. To others, this now significantly decreases the risk or likelihood that vrc graphite sits buried in the ground forever. So to be honest this somewhat paves the way for future news. Not in the immediate term, but in general.

Personally I thought today would be sold into. With the markets in the toilet and many people here very vocal about doing their dosh, a lot of shares just ready to get out at a pip or 2 into liquidity. I think this is a turned corner for VRC - but I think there will be some sideways movement still as there will and is evidently still many burnt, crusty holders ready to offload and so some supply still to come.

In terms of buying more I will personally await a future CR having already got an adequate exposure for my overall portfolio. I'm heavily weighted to graphite in my portfolio and have allocated across a variety of development levels and geographical locations. (for transparency this is not my most bullish or best RvR play - but it's in the more advanced development phase which can re-rate massively based on the finance piece.

I stated I'd give vrc until around mid this year and I'd make a cognisant decision to move on or to stay. I think they have one more CR I'll sit through to see if this offtake does set the pathway in motion for tangible development of the assets. I remain very bullish on graphite, thus if this was to stagnant as a company whilst the overall graphite pricing increases I may then opt to move into other graphite holdings. for now my vrc shares remain committed to VRC.

The announcement was good in my view and I congratulate the team. Share prices are reflective of what the market thinks and of course the share-price in the end determines what things are worth.

You make money by finding value where the majority sees risk. We'll only know in time whether this junction in time is provided opportunity to the bulls to buy or the bears to sell.

hope everyone is doing well and for those doing tough on the accounts, always remember there is more to life than money.

did I say this was going to be short? Another wine I think.

SF2TH
    Last edited by setfire2thehive: 18/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $14.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $1.517K 383.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 31666120 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 3032704 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.14pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.