BIN 0.00% $3.44 bingo industries limited

I'm new to BIN, drawn to the prospect of buying something at...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    I'm new to BIN, drawn to the prospect of buying something at half the price it was 2 days ago.

According to management the impact in FY19 is mostly due to short-term factors so it's potentially an attractive medium term buy.

I looked back at September 2018 and Tartak invested $72m at $2.54. That's a good vote of confidence.

However, having been burnt by Allco (AFG) back in the day, do we know how that $72m was funded?

I'm unaware of his personal assets outside of Bingo shares and Googling didn't turn up much. My concern is if the $72m was purchased through a margin loan against his other holdings, and he holds almost 17% of the shares, the recent pummeling would have put him into margin call territory. Furthermore, it gives shorters a strong incentive to keep driving the price down, forcing further calls.

I understand the wider Tartak family has significant assets from their sale during the IPO but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to sell at IPO for $1.80/share, then re-invest at $2.54/share 2 years later.

Anyone know how that $72m was financed?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.