BIT 0.00% 4.6¢ biotron limited

Ann: Biotron to Test its Compounds Against Coronavirus, page-242

1. 1,953 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    I’m a long-time holder but I rarely post on the BIT forum as they typically descend into the abyss by negative vitriol, ill-informed posts and over-zealous rampers.  I find myself posting presently as I’m tired of the repetitive nature of current posts both venomous, and largely irrelevant.

I’d suggest that posters need to do a modicum of research before they make outlandish claims both positive and negative.  Personally, I tired of seeing posters under the guise of benevolence, trying to ‘save’ us mere mortals from investing in Biotron.  Yet, I am also tired of seeing posters trying to upsell the prospects of Biotron in the world-wide endeavour of ‘curing’ the coronavirus.  While I firmly believe that Biotron’s compounds have a place as an adjunctive therapy in the long term, I feel they will most likely fall short due to scale.  They are a small (nano) Australian biotech, dwarfed by geography and financial constraints, and will be unable to embark on appropriate trials (and scale) without assistance.  To this end, if one of Bitrons compounds proves successful in the short term, the opportunity for large scale testing will not fall on them, as a) they can’t produce at scale, b) they haven’t the funds to do so, and 3) they don’t have the global reach (or trust) of large-scale businesses such as Gilead.  Yes, they have board connections, and some “positive” clinical data from their HIV trial, but they’re still trying to understand how their compounds work.

Remember this (coronavirus) is a side venture still in its infancy, it’s not a part of Biotrons primary portfolio of compounds.  The funds generated from the last CR was to be used for working capital and the means necessary to locate a partner for Phase II(b) or III clinical trials for HIV – not the coronavirus.  All told, Biotron have the potential to assist in treating and combatting viruses, but they’re not there yet.  I personally invested in their potential, as I'm sure many long term holders have, not in the prospect of near-term revenue.  The money here is in their underdeveloped compounds, compounds which will need a vast more R & D before Biotron match any large scale biotech IMO.

Invest or not in BIT, but please do your own research, separate the wheat from the chaff, and make an informed investment decision.  

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $39.19K 871.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 88237 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 220275 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.