BIT 1.45% 6.8¢ biotron limited

After we learnt of the outbreak of nCoV, I recalled from...

1. 2,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2381
    After we learnt of the outbreak of nCoV, I recalled from previously investing in Biotron, that they had done a lot of work with SARS, and knowing that SARS and the new virus were from the same family (Coronaviridae) I immediately pulled out their published papers to refresh what they had achieved.

Here is the link to their first paper on the subject in 2004 the year following from when SARS was contained. In many ways this work carried on from their studies in HIV where they were focusing on ion channels that eventually lead to the their development of BIT225, which is their main drug candidate for treating HIV and Hep-C. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042682204006440

Once SARS was contained, there wasn't the immediate need to pursue further studies with it, but not before they made a unique and significant discovery that SARS-CoV E protein specifically block ion channels. This ion channel activity is essential for these types of viruses to replicate in human cells and Biotrons compounds have been found to be able to block the activity.

It wasn't until I learnt of the very recent Patent (December 2019) after beginning new research in January that I became as good as convinced that Biotron is sitting in the world's best box seat for developing an antiviral to deal with what we now call COVID-19. Even though the world is using mostly HIV antivirals to treat COVID-19 with mixed results, there are very few new drugs presently available to do so, and some of Biotron's compounds have been specifically designed on all of the known humancorona viruses to date, all thanks to the great success in their groundbreaking work with SARS.

For those unaware, the contribution that Biotron has made to both HIV and other RNA virus is enormous, and many other researchers site their work to demonstrate the point. A general search of the literature will reveal how important Biotron is.

To make it real simple for many posters here who have no idea of what Biotron is doing, let me put it in a nutshell. The present 'pandemic' is being 'contained' by physical containment procedures, and infected persons are being treated with antivirals not specifically designed for coronaviruses (mostly HIV). Depending on the severity of a patients condition and other factors, these antivirals are having very mixed results. Biotron on the other hand has several compounds that have been specifically developed in testing on humancorona viruses and shown very positive efficacy.

They have picked up the challenge by enlisting private laboratories well equipped to apply Biotron's technology to COVID-19.

Very soon we will know of the initial results.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $61.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 6.9¢ 6.8¢ $56.43K 828.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 456468 6.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 61089 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.9¢ 6.9¢ 6.8¢ 143438
Last updated 15.59pm 24/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.