BIT 1.41% 7.0¢ biotron limited

ptwI agree with you on one thing: the bullshit on these threads...

1. 2,827 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2378
    ptw

I agree with you on one thing: the bullshit on these threads is very thick, but we'd disagree on what exactly that amounts to. For me, it's the constant dribble between posters egos, rather than what they claim or disagree with. As such, you also fit firmly in the pile. If you want to call out some apparent claim, then do so civilly.

The threads are supposed to be about rational information and debate, not schoolyard type barbs, which these threads excel in.

Not everyone is expected to be able to provide in depth analysis on bio stocks, but nor are they expected to engage in constant childish dribble.

Regarding your question about Biotron's possible cure for HIV and Hep C, I'll answer it as an example of how we should discuss these things.

Firstly though, nothing is proven until it is. But do 'I think' they've found a cure, then the simple answer is, yes. This will become evident or not at the right time in the future. My belief stands for today until proven to me otherwise. My reasons to support this belief is written all over their test results and announcements. I'm not going to elaborate again on the evidence for it.

For the same reasons I also believe that a cure is just as likely for COVID-19, in fact, more so. A coronavirus is easier to kill than HIV, especially throughout the entire body, which HIV antivirals have yet managed to achieve. With that said, much is still unknown about this specific strain of CoV, and the structure that has lead to the increased asymptomatic features for example, may result in it being more difficult to treat. But as a whole, the problem in general with coronaviruses is not their longevity, but a patients prior medical condition.

As I've stated elsewhere, no one is as close to curing it as Biotron (as far as we know). The candidate being offered by Gilead, Remdesivir, is our best other chance to date, but like the other antivirals being tested, was not designed for coronaviruses, and may yet prove only partially successfully, if at all. We won't know until late April when the full studies are completed in China.

In the mean-time, Biotron will release its results much sooner. I've stated previously, I'd be surprised if that is not this week. After all, they are not trying to invent a new drug, but testing compounds that they've been working on since SARS. Those tests have lead to recent new Patents showing significant efficacy against human coronaviruses, and significant immunological responses in HIV patients. This efficacy needs to be understood within the new mode of action within the E protein, and the discovery they made with in when investigating SARS. By the way, COVID-19 is a very close cousin to the SARS virus. Whether or not any difference is going to prove a significant difference for a cure is yet to be seen.

My guess is that this pesky virus is living on borrowed time.

Last edited by Batmansdaughter: 19/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $63.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ $58.87K 832.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 444646 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 40636 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.0¢ 212891
Last updated 14.05pm 19/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.