MAY 0.00% 3.5¢ melbana energy limited

Ann: Block 9 Alameda 2 Appraisal Update, page-312

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    Agreed someone knowledgeable might've been hateful8 said the max from those shallow Cuban wells is 1000 barrels a day which has proven to be the case it's still bloody good to have a large pool I'd almost call it a lake or sea of oil takes a while to drain that even if it takes 50 wells to get to 50k barrels oil a day who cares. Ideally they drill enough to be profitable and free carry additional wells and capacity on stream rapidly what you'd call self funded growth but rapidly like oil farming.

Also traders change their minds like they change their undies this is the sort of announcement that sorts the value investors about to make a pile of money from a mid to long term hold from the short term.

In a couple weeks once they've perforated and tested each zone and go back to extended flow test presumably zone 3 being the deepest on pump 750 barrels a day will being trucked and sold in Cuba.

Then we will have a massive reserve upgrade within a month or two I think Amistad area they calculated 1.5 bn barrels well I'm not VOGC but even I can see the numbers are growing from the net pay lol. So we could even be in the realm of 3bn barrels oil in place Amistad then I think they are saying 9% porosity instead of 5% so 3 bn oil in place 270m barrels easily recoverable. 90m net barrels to May from the Amistad alone.

How many years would it take to deplete a field like that even at 50k barrels a day? Rhetorical roughly 14.8 years.

We may not have a need for oil in 15 years but if we get to those production numbers it's big money. $168m Aussie dollars profit per year easy. Based on 30% of 50k barrels / d and $20/usd margin which I feel is conservative but you get the idea. onward and downward today and then back to upward soon imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $117.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.3¢ $427.2K 12.36M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 2516368 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 762985 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.