MAY 1.89% 5.4¢ melbana energy limited

Everyone is talking like artificial lift is the end of the...

1. 1,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 194
    Everyone is talking like artificial lift is the end of the world, i douby they'll be using ESP if the oil is as heavy and viscous as many think. ESP generally flow at pretty high velocity, which is ok for lighter well fluids (note i didnt say oil), the reservoir needs to be able to move fast enough to keep the ESP flooded.

beam pumps gave been around forever. Despite all sorts of innovations and contraptions incl hydraulic ram types, that have been tried in their place, nothing has come close for reliability and efficiency. the design is simple and very efficient for what they do.

If the reservoir is slower moving a beam pump or jet pump might give steady production so fluid is removed at a rate similar to well replenishment from the reservoir.

I've worked in various fields that have been a mix of wellhead types. Sometimes where ESPs have been swapped out for beam pumps etc.

There's plenty of abandoned ones left in place after wells run dry and get shut in.

Today's action really doesn't bother me. It will be a distant memory once production commences. Its not the worst performing stock i hold, and my exposure here is only my standard size trading parcel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $181.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ $121.8K 2.233M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 319556 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 150000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.5¢ 5.5¢ 5.3¢ 477466
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.