MAY 6.06% 3.5¢ melbana energy limited

I'm not a drilling or mud engineer. I'm well aware...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    I'm not a drilling or mud engineer. I'm well aware this is not our first trip down to Marti. the first trip was a wild ride with all hands on deck trying to control the pressure, mud wright, hydrocarbons pouring into the well-bore, oil on the shakers, etc. Took a 250m cement plug to close it out.

how much data was collected? I don't know... except it necessitated a 10kpsi BOP, a gas separator and a new well design for Alameda-3. I don't know how much info they gathered on the pressure gradient, oil API, fracturing and other geological information. all we were told was about the estimated net pay and some remarks about a higher charged bottom 16m. mud weight went to 1.88sg.

were there enough learnings? enough information to inform the mud engineer? I really don't know. the pressure and temperature gradients weren't shared and no FMI to highlight the fracturing.

Yes - we've been to Marti, we just managed to tame it and we left. how much we learnt? I have no idea. I would question that they gatherer all they needed to from the entire Marti-A1 reservoir (note the apparent large pressure increase in the 16m) before drilling A3.

but that's my perspective. anyone with more info - please chime in and please show us where that data is. I have no idea what the data/information gaps are.. ie, what didn't they find out and needed before A3.

anyway, while I disagree on the level of obtained knowledge from A1, I respect your position on this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.002(6.06%)
Mkt cap ! $117.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.6¢ 3.3¢ $577.5K 16.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1018559 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 1521853 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.