MAY 0.00% 2.3¢ melbana energy limited

I agree with you on this: I don't think it would matter too much...

1. 7,712 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 960
    I agree with you on this: I don't think it would matter too much if they opted for perforated liner over a slotted liner (although can't work out why they chose the latter, as it is the one of the two that is prone to blockages). I think what we are facing is a mud spurt which has caused the formation to block (mud has entered the formation as the pressure in the well was higher than the pressure in the formation - which is the opposite of what happened in A1, hence AP's comment on this). The blockage (which may also cake part of the well lining) may be resolved chemically or mechanically (via a form of fracturing), and until they know exactly what they are dealing with, they won't know how to resolve it.

The key problem is that they are over time and over budget, and Sonangol may not want to stump up more money. CUPET will also be keen to see "something" from A3, other than the previous suggestion that A3 could produce out of Unit 1B, similar to A2 (not entirely out of the question if Alameda fails to produce though). Then there's the rig, where Sherritt are now delaying moving the rig in order to complete A3. If Marti is a quick, chemical remediation - then that's ok - But I doubt Sonangol, Sherritt and CUPET will all agree to sidetrack into Marti if it can be proven that Alameda flows. Sophie's Choice for AP.

Kit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $77.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $37.36K 1.616M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 2453145 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 2010466 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.