MAY 0.00% 2.2¢ melbana energy limited

I don't normally do this, but you sir have hit a sore...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    I don't normally do this, but you sir have hit a sore spot.

"Personally I won’t be voting, I never do,"

People complain in these forums about how long this is taking and lack of money is an issue for you. Some then procede with an opinion about progress, personalities, management decisions and even have ideas about what direction the company should take in an anonymous public forum, all the while sitting back and complaining that people are getting wealthier while you sit back and wait.

One of the biggest mistakes made in investing is the idiotic misbelief that Managing Directors have shareholders best interests at heart. There are some that think "oh, but ASIC and the ASX rules and, and, and," but the reality is MD will play the game to better their own position first, and if it makes them look good in front of a room full of people that have thrown money at them, all the better,

Contrary to popular belief, getting on Hotcopper and barracking for a particular MD will not get you a fishing invite when they become successful. A Director will not pat you on the back and say "thanks for your support" or turn around and go "hey thanks for having my back on the internet, lets go and have a beer and become the bestest of friends". It baffles me how people treat these companies like their favourite sports team. No matter how badly a board F^%$ up, we all should cut some slack. People continue to blindly support the colours under some strange illusion that it is the morally right thing to do. This is investing, it is your money on the table, this brings me to the point......

Managing Director of ANY company have taken up their position to aquire wealth and power, not save the world. You can complain via the investors relations all you want, you wont make a difference; you can get on a public forum and harp on about how bad a job they are doing, they don't care, once you get into that position, you grow a thick skin VERY quickly.

The only language Director's know, or understand, is wealth. As a Shareholder, it is YOUR wealth they are playing with. The only lever you have to pull (aside from your decision to play this game in the first place) is you RIGHTS as a shareholder to vote at the AGM, since each share that you own has value because of two things and ONLY two things, your share of potential distributed profits, and your right to vote. If you voluntarily forfeit that right by not contributing, then you are pissing away the only control you have in this game.

If you believe AP deserves his performance rights, than you vote for them. If you believe her hasn't performed to par, than you vote against them.

But not voting at all, then you MUST, if you have a conscious, accept what ever decsions are made going forwards......AS THAT IS THE DECISON YOU HAVE MADE!!! SO STICK TO IT!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $74.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $23.54K 1.063M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 1839170 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 237903 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.