ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 80 Posts.
    It's still early days however I thought I'd have a go at coming up with a rough value for BNR by comparing it to its identical business model peer, The Huffington Post.

Back in 2011 The Huffington Post was bought by AOL for $315 mil. Back then Huffington was very similar in style to BNR, it was simply a website providing political commentary which generated a lot of user comments and discussion.

When AOL bought it, the Huffington Post had 25mil monthly users and was generating $30mil in ad revenue per year.

Currently BNR has 4mil monthly users for Oct, up from 3mil in Aug. If the current trend continues I would say by March 2015 this number could be 10mil monthly users which if compared to the Huffington Post could potentially generate revenue of $12mil/year, valuing BNR at $120mil. There is also a possibility that things could snowball much faster and that user figure could reach the 20mil mark by March 2015, making potential revenue $25mil/year and valuation of $250mil.

This is just BNR, there is still Voycit, Rec*it, Speakeasy, Run haven, Race advisor and tagroom to consider.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.