WTM 7.50% 37.0¢ waratah minerals limited

I am hopeful for the future but given what is before us, I am...

1. 7,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1309
    I am hopeful for the future but given what is before us, I am not optimistic.

The 3rd wheel of the BoD is Jeff Dowling - he is a finance guy. This is from the website (I did the bolding):

"Jeff is currently non-executive chairman of S2 Resources Limited and a non-executive director of NRW Holdings Ltd and Fleetwood Holdings Ltd. Jeff was up to September 2015 Sirius Resources’ non-executive chairman up until its takeover by Independence Group in September 2015. Jeff is a proficient corporate leader with 37 years' experience in professional services with Ernst & Young. Jeff has held numerous leadership roles within Ernst & Young including at national level which focused on the mining, oil and gas and other industries. Jeff's professional expertise centres around audit, risk and financial acumen derived from acting as lead partner on large public company audits, capital raisings and corporate transactions. Jeff's career with Ernst & Young culminated in his appointment as Managing Partner of the Ernst & Young Western Region for a period of 5 years. Jeff also led Ernst & Young's Oceania China Business Group, Ernst & Young’s management including at national level, and was responsible for building Ernst & Young's Oceania relationships with Chinese Corporations.Jeff has a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia and is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Financial Services Institute of Australasia.

Jeff was BAT's captain until he handed over the reigns to Flano a year or so ago.

This is how I see Jeff's tenure at BAT: 1. I'm the best finance guy money can buy 2. I've got the finance. 3. I haven't got the finance 4. I've appointed experts to get the finance 5. I'm stepping down now 6. The experts to get the finance didn't get the finance 7. I've arranged millions of zepos from the company - yippee for me! 8. I've employed better experts to get the finance. 9. Bye.

The last CR was at 2.5c and provided by Farjoy exclusively (largest shareholder of BAT). I reckon that was done to reduce the average share price per share for Farjoy but I don't think it was done with a lot of love as Farjoy are in pretty deep.

The shareprice getting to 5-10c/share - I wish.

The only way for the shareprice to get to 5-10c/share is if a takeover offer at that amount is made or BAT gets some type of funding/finance and are close to revenue (all my opinion) - Funds will be needed long before then and I can't see a CR happening at 0.5c or lower.

I appreciate you have a high opinion of Jer. So far he is just a parasite on the business. Innocent? You see, when you toot your horn about how experienced you are, 'I didn't know' doesn't really cut it.

To get the job: I'm the smartest and best.
    After getting the job: I'm not the brightest but I still want you to pay me like I am.

It isn't his fault he is draining the company of $400K per year and not contibuting one iota. He's like a lottery ticket winner?
    Last edited by Pledge: 26/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.