ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    https://www.copyright link/policy/energy-and-climate/renewables-are-cheapest-even-with-poles-wires-and-batteries-added-in-20231219-p5esl6

it appears the CSIRO has updated the GenCost report to include transmission, renewables are still cheaper.

Fair point, SA is a tiny fraction of the NEM, however I think it is a useful model for how it can be done in the rest of the country.

I have a feeling Labor will lose based on this as well.

I realise that Fukushima significantly slowed the building of new nuclear plants, but I am not talking about that. I do think it is as fair to blame the LibNats for floundering energy policy, as it is to blame Labor for the current state of affairs.

The delays I am referring to are if we were to start building a reactor today. While completely different technology, Snowy 2.0 I think provides for a relevant example, and we're not doing anything particularly ground breaking in Australia with that project. nuclear is entirely new to Australia. (i know we have one in Lucas heights).

I suspect we will go in circles all day on this, as such this will be my last comment on the topic as I do not want to derail the forum any more than I already have.

Thank you for the discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.49
Change
-0.540(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $3.735B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.92 $12.93 $12.42 $40.71M 3.247M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15 $12.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.50 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.