BNO 0.00% 1.0¢ bionomics limited

I read the following paragraph with some reserved optimism."The...

1. 211 Posts.
    I read the following paragraph with some reserved optimism.

"The first clinical testing of BNC210 in man has made important progress and under the conditions of this trial BNC210 has been shown to be safe and well tolerated. The most common reported side-effects which are possibly related to the drug were fatigue and headache, however these were quite mild.

Antidepressant drugs have side effects. That's a given. Unfortunately it's these side effects which give the patient a good reason to stop using them. When prescribing antidepressant medication, the doctor has to weigh up the pros and cons. They don't want to reduce one problem and create another.

Remember that depression is a common mental disorder that presents with depressed mood, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self esteem, disturbed sleep or appetite, low energy and poor concentration. So a person suffering from depression doesn't want any additional problems such as headaches and fatigue.

This trial was done on healthy males and not on patients suffering from depression or anxiety. Phase 2 used higher doses than Phase 1. Hopefully effective clinical doses can be reduced below the Phase 2 levels. The good news is that the Phase 1 and 2 doses are safe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.