PPL 0.00% 2.1¢ pureprofile ltd

As I decide whether to join the update today, I am reminded of...

1. 2,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297

As I decide whether to join the update today, I am reminded of some recent reading on research into narcissists in management of companies.

One question I am asking myself is, why have two new directors ‘jumped ship’ so soon?

To have two recent directors ‘jump ship’ is more than a coincidence. It is a lack of confidence in what is happening within the company.

Was there some conflict between the management and the new directors? Likely.

Maybe the new directors were asking hard questions of management and the information was not being provided by management?

I also ask myself is whether PPL is managed by narcissists? Here is some of my recent reading. PPL came to my mind.

Question: Are the PPL results diverging from the ‘management speak’?

But are the results and the company direction really performing or are shareholders continually disappointed in the results??

“Narcissists vs pushovers

“I have read on the (mostly negative) impact of narcissists on organisations. Yet, in some circumstances, narcissists can be good for a company, at least in the short run.

“a narcissistic executive is …..better at manipulating analysts into better ratings and more optimistic forecasts.

‘found that more narcissistic CFOs talked more, were more optimistic about their company’s prospects, used more corporate euphemisms, and generally showed more engagement with analysts.

“The result was that on average, analysts issued more optimistic earnings forecasts and better ratings for companies with more narcissistic CFOs, which is great news for the company and its CFO,

but detrimental to investors because analyst forecasts and ratings become less reliable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 200000 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 90299 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.