GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

Until Hamish has a meeting with the new governor then Hamish...

1. 12,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1758
    Until Hamish has a meeting with the new governor then Hamish only knows what has been printed in the papers or what has been announced by the governor. It makes sense that the only way to get exact information is to speak directly to the governor. Hamish should've made an appointment immediately to clarify the situation.
    So yes, I think it was foolish to make a Boardroom Media presentation without cold hard facts. Hamish is just trying to cool down the troops, but I'd doubt whether he'll be talking the same tune after the meeting.
    I do not expect the new governor will backtrack on his new policy as that would make him look weak. The local people have voted him in because they want action.
    As I've said previously, I don't believe he will close the smelter plant directly as GMC is not mining. Be thankful that GMC hasn't already paid for a mine, otherwise it might be closed permanently. Even if the governor allows one or two mines to operate it may be enough raw material for the smelter but it definitely won't be enough for DSO. So kiss DSO goodbye.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.