BOD 0.00% 2.4¢ bod science limited

So tell me sidage what is adam a on about as my question was...

1. 4,751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 358
    So tell me sidage what is adam a on about as my question was aimed at him. And its Manuka Honey.

Bod Australiasigns agreement to develop a line of hemp-based Manuka honey

Written on the 19January 2018 by David Simmons

COSMETICS,natural medicines, and major hemp player, Bod Australia (ASX: BDA), is set to launch a new line of hemp infused Manuka honey.

TheASX listed group has signed an agreement with New Zealand Manuka honey producerManuka Pharma to develop and manufacture the hemp honey product line.

Underthe agreement, Manuka Pharma will source, develop, and manufacture the product,while Bod will import the complete product into Australia.

Thenew line will be sold through Bod's established sales channels, meaning theproduct will be able to make its way into the Chinese market.

Accordingto Bod, New Zealand's biggest honey markets are Australia, the UK, China andHong Kong with global import demand estimated to be around $2.6 billion.

Theprices markets pay for Manuka by the kilogram vary from place to place, butmedical grade Manuka can fetch up to $1,000 per kilogram.

Initialsales for the hemp-infused Manuka will take place in Australian pharmacies,independent stores, and health and supplement store. Bod will eventuallyleverage its strategic partnerships in Asia, most notably in China, through itskey daigou relationships.

Bodplans to take the product to North America and Europe in the near future too.

Accordingto Bod, the cannabis-infused Manuka honey will be able to treat a range ofailments.

"Theinitial finished product will provide consumers with a source of high qualityprotein and essential fatty acids from the addition of hemp seeds, as well asthe added health benefits of a high-grade, high MGS (methylglyoxal) ManukaHoney," says the company in an announcement to the ASX.

"Thesebenefits are well documented and include a reduction in stomach acids and acidreflux, combatting staph infections, improving sleep quality and the preventionof tooth decay and gingivitis; it may help treat cane and eczema."

BodAustralia CEO Jo Patterson says the partnership with Manuka Pharma was an idealmatch.

"Thisis a highly complementary partnership for the business as it will not onlyenhance our nutritional product portfolio, but it will also provide anadditional revenue stream for the Company in the near-term," saysPatterson.

"BodAustralia is continually pursuing a number of opportunities to further buildits distribution footprint and grow its product portfolio and we look forwardto updating shareholders around any potential developments in the nearterm."

Atthe end of 2017, Bod announced it has become one of the first companies on theASX to receive its medicinal cannabis import license.

Thelicense will allow Bod to import phyto-complex cannabis for use commercially aswell as for use in its clinical trials and research.

Off the back of its license through the NSWDepartment of Health, Bod will now seek approval from the Federal Office ofDrug Control to import a range of cannabis products from overseas including oilsand raw materials from its Swiss partner Linnea.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.