WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Ann: Bodyguard Results, page-210

1. 3,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    Hi aussiemika, thanks for that. I agree with what you are saying regarding the benchmark however those high scores are most likely for well known companies that have high aspirations like the one I & obviously you work for. In this case the survey is done on a little known company that IMO has scored highly for a first effort (don't forget, OBJ is yet to achieve any brand status).

Firstly here is Wikipedia stating anything above zero is good.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter
    Net Promoter Score is a customer loyalty metric developed by (and a registered trademark of) Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company, and Satmetrix. It was introduced by Reichheld in his 2003 Harvard Business Reviewarticle "One Number You Need to Grow".[2] NPS can be as low as −100 (everybody is a detractor) or as high as +100 (everybody is a promoter). An NPS that is positive (i.e., higher than zero) is felt to be good, and an NPS of +50 is excellent.

With that your score of 35 certainly gets them into the high end & possibly excellent category taking into account the below:

This article shows how using the 5 point scale is probably less favourable:
    Source:http://stats.stackexchange.com/ques...t-promoter-score-for-poll-data-on-a-1-5-scale
    Now we want to scale it down to 1-5 for our purposes, because frankly our users will get confused on the 0-10 scale. Now we are considering 1,2,3 to be detractors , 4 to be passive and 5 to be a promoter. Now In the Standard 0-10 scale, it is actually a 11 point scale – so promoters (9,10) is 2/11th of the distribution which is 18%. In the 1-5 scale we use promoters (5) is 1/5 which is 20%. So more chances of getting a promoter score. By same logic, 5 point scale will also show less detractors than 0-10 point scale (3/5=60% vs 7/11 = 63.6%). So a positive skew looks possible mathematically. But the fact is a user has only 1 option to choose from on the 1-5 scale to be a promoter, but 2 on the 1-10 scale. So someone who might be a 9 on a 10 scale might be a 4 on the 5 scale and become a passive and never show up and kill our NPS score to go to -100(if no one votes 5 , and a lot of people vote 4)

& also this one with stats as an example:
    Source: CX Cafe:
    http://cxcafe.maritzcx.com/5-point-versus-11-point-scales-part-2/

The NPS Metric Shifts Downward with a 5-Point Scale
    In my last post, we looked at the correlation between 5pt and 11pt scales over time. We saw that they were very well aligned in how they changed together. However, an average score is not a complete picture. A casual observation of the frequency chart suggests a non-normal (non-bell-shaped) underlying distribution. As a reminder, these were responses to the questions:
    • How likely are you to recommend this company to a friend or colleague
      (0 = Not at all likely . . . 10=Extremely likely)
    • I would recommend this company to a friend or colleague
      (Strongly Disagree . . . Strongly Agree)

Between the two scales, you might expect 9’s and 10’s to match well with ‘Strongly Agree.’ However, with this data set, the percentages are a lot different; 43.8% responded 9/10 and 35.2% responded ‘Strongly Agree.’ This results in a significant reduction in the overall NPS score when using a 5pt scale.
    For many companies, the Likelihood to Recommend question is used to calculate an NPS. For some companies, the NPS is the one number they need to grow, and other statistics are secondary. A standard mapping of scales onto NPS categories is below.
    An NPS Score is calculated by the percentage of Promoters minus the percentage of Detractors. One would expect the NPS score to be the same. In our data, the NPS from the 11pt question is 10.2 points higher than the NPS from the 5pt question. The 5pt scale appears to have a downward bias on the NPS scores. In other words, Promoters decreased from the 11pt scale to the 5pt scale while Passives and Detractors increased.

11Pt NPS Score: (43.8%-22.7%)*100 = 21.1
    5Pt NPS Score: (35.2%-24.3%)*100 = 10.9
    Practitioners should be aware, when benchmarking or when simplifying a scale, that there may be a systemic reduction in scores which may be solely attributable to the scale.
    Kyle LaMalfa is Senior Business Insight Analyst at MaritzCX.

The fact that you have highlighted the 5 point scale gives me even more confidence as we can guess all we like but in reality the numbers they have provided do look impressive IMO especially with the use of the 5 point scale as using the 11 will most likely provide a much better outcome. As previous you need to remember that the high score you are discussing is a number that all top brand companies in the world want to achieve however & not all of them do. OBJ is yet to become a major brand name like the companies that you & I probably work for & hence my delight at the numbers provided & the reasoning above

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.