AW1 2.08% 11.8¢ american west metals limited

Ann: Bonanza Copper Hits and New Discovery at Storm, page-163

1. 1,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 550
    I don't post too much on these threads, as there is simply too much noise for me...

Yes this in-fill drilling has significantly reduced the potential resource in the 2750N zone, true... but to suggest "from monster potential to ... a flop"....

This call is just as bad as some of the overly zealous positivity. For two reasons;
    1. The shallower resource has never been touted as tier 1 resource, however has rightly been suggest as high grade DSO starter operation - this 2750N zone being a "flop" as you say has literally no bearing on the potential flat laying deeper system...
    2. SM23-01 core was in great location to resource define, how was anyone to know that ST22-02 was drilled at the down dip angle.... seriously? So from a company perspective AW1 have drilled appropriately to define the resource, not hype... geo's no what they are doing - knowledge is power and they have more knowledge of this smaller swallow section.

W.r.t AW1 decision to go into trading halt, I think a poor decision... AW1 halted on in-fill drilling (which everyone knew was coming and also an already well defined shallow section in 4100 and 2750, nothing has changed really here), and the only new information is the 19m intercept at lightening ridge... which although great, is not akin to the 75m of shallow intercept at Thunder (for example - which IMO is worthy of the TH)...

I am surprised at such a large SP movement given we basically have no material new information - this speaks IMO to the strategy to halt, the DD hole assays are where the potential tier 1 resource is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.8¢
Change
-0.003(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $63.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $206.4K 1.740M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 105356 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 603000 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.59pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.