AW1 4.00% 12.0¢ american west metals limited

Ann: Bonanza Copper Hits and New Discovery at Storm, page-219

1. 9 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    The best drill hole I have ever seen and read was Ivanhoe ~ .3m of 88.2% copper - so when you see a core with ~.3 of 42% copper in it, sitting on the top of a sedimentary system, that tells you something folks. Hold tight as the game to suck out retail shares begins as when a major discovery is found they will get most of em from ya. Also it took Ivanhoe 6 years of drilling to find the source/that core (look up Ivanhoe K-K core for a gander at what near pure copper looks like - this from the prize Kakula mine which they found after Kamoa).

That said, dug up this from the 2009 discovery hit - note the similarities to Storm - also note that after finding Kamoa - they went on to find 2 more world class deposits, Kakula and . Also note - the kipushi mine is ZN/CU mine - similar to Seal mine as it indicates the edge of the mineralization system. Final note - all of this is in the highly corrupt DRC which blackmailed Ivanhoe several times to steal a good % of the mines. Best of luck out there, you are going to need it to hang on for the ride...

High copper grades in supergene and hypogene mineralization

Grades and widths discovered at Kamoa are similar to those of the sediment-hosted stratiform copper deposits of the Ore Shale and Mine Series that historically have been mined in the Zambian and Congolese Copperbelts. The Kamoa mineralization broadly is of two types: primary mineralization below the zone of surficial weathering, and secondary mineralization at shallow depths.

The primary mineralization shares many attributes with other stratiform copper deposits, including vertical zoning of disseminated copper sulphide minerals from chalcocite to bornite to chalcopyrite, association with cobalt, silver, zinc and lead mineralization, and the presence of a pyritic hangingwall.

The secondary mineralization is dominated by chalcocite, and has higher copper values due to supergene enrichment (upgrading) during the weathering process. This type of mineralization occurs at depths of less than 200 meters and is a prime target for delineation drilling of potential open-pit resources.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $62.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $29.01K 233.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 610214 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 724598 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.