OAK 1.45% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

Ann: Bonus Options Offer - Shortfall, page-33

1. 2,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Management and corporate governance and directors salaries are most DEFINITELY the difference.

Compare and contrast XPED's fortunes with BUD who are also in the IOT space. Not cross promoting as I dont hold BUD (wish I did!), just wanting to compare how management affects investor sentiment.

BUD had a hiccup (failed M and A activity), and as a result the SP was recently as low as 5 cents. Difference is the CEO of BUD worked for 11 years at a little company called Microsoft. SP now is moving like an express train at the moment, 13 cents as I write.

More importantly, instead of treating SH with disdain, threatening to sue them and calling them disgraceful, the CEO of BUD engages with SH and ENCOURAGES QUESTIONS FROM SHAREHOLDERS.

Here is reply by CEO Dave to one such query. Note that he also holds regular webinars, and is encouraging SH to gather their questions ahead of time.

"Hi Writer,

"I’ve just left the event in Montego Bay, and am now en route to dinner with the
    Digicel sales leadership, so I’ll need to keep this brief. Forgive me – more
    detail can be forthcoming soon, and I’m planning a webinar to discuss the Digicel
    opportunity next week, so look for info on that once posted. Haven’t locked down
    scheduling for that just yet, but will announce on the ASX and HC once details at
    firmed up…

Thanks for the congrats. The Digicel partnership is massive for us, and I really
    couldn’t be more pleased. They’re a very meaningfully sized carrier/mobile
    operator, but still manageable for us to work with on what really amounts to our
    first major mobile operator deal for Ohm. It can’t be overstated how complex it can
    be to work with these sorts of organizations, but Digicel has just been awesome to
    work with. From the moment they tracked us down, it’s been a very workable
    relationship.

You don’t have to worry that we had to “trade-off” the name. We were MORE than
    happy to put Digicel’s name on the product – why? Because they’re the biggest
    company in Jamaica, nearly everyone is a customer of theirs, they’re trusted,
    they’re well known and most importantly, they’re doing the selling. Also – you
    must remember that Ohm is a mechanism to drive data to the platform more than it is a
    hardware product we’re selling. If we can drive more data through the platform at
    higher margins by partnering with an organization with phenomenal local brand value
    and trust, why wouldn’t we do that in a heartbeat? Well, we did.

There is absolutely no margin given up or “cost” paid by us for this naming. In
    fact, Digicel’s sales teams are not offering any discounts at all on the product
    – a starter kit is US$1500 and then additional hardware is added on top. No
    exceptions. They’ve been very adamant about that. Now – to be 100% clear, Digicel
    has some degree of pricing flexibility that is up to them, and I’m sure once
    they’ve sold as many as they can at full tote odds, they’ll look at other ways to
    expand the customer base, but our wholesale pricing is locked and it is well north of
    the $750/mo blended mix that I declared we were seeking in the investor
    presentation.

We’ll go into some more detail on this during the webinar. For now I need to get
    back to the team (and then prep for an install I’m squeezing in – yes, I’m
    doing installs too! – on the way to the airport tomorrow before flying back home).
    If you’d like to start rounding up questions you might have that I could address
    during the webinar, that’d be great. "

Now wouldn't it be great for XPED to take a leaf out of the BUDDY 's playbook?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 7.0¢ $2 25

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 47 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 1524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.