STX 8.11% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Booth-1 result, page-152

1. 8,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3337
    With Browse looking like it won't get approved, Woodside might be more interested in onshore gas assets like STX's. It will also have a large pile of unallocated capital.
    You've also got the Saudi's sniffing around Santos. You'd think they'd have looked at the entire sector at other opportunities in the Australia.
    Then you've got the usual suspects - Beach/Mitsui, Mineral Resources.
    And if STX get the capacity credits from AIMO, opening the way for the peaking power plant, you might also get interest from the large non-O&G energy companies.
    I actually agree with the idea of gauging wider market interest for WE prior to Gina making a bid, even if they don't follow through. Best to do it before Gina can acquire a strategic/blocking stake. I suspect when she finally declares her interest, it will be much more the 5% rumoured in The Australian (i.e. like some of the strategic stakes she's acquired in lithium companies on the low down).
    I would be surprised if the company isn't already putting out its feelers through Macquarie and having these sorts of informal discussions.
    Last edited by invertedva: 09/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.015(8.11%)
Mkt cap ! $573.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 20.5¢ 18.8¢ $1.839M 9.285M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1895959 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 157824 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.