BOT 16.9% 38.0¢ botanix pharmaceuticals ltd

Ann: Botanix Announces BTX 1503 Data and Progression to Phase 3, page-81

1. 12 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    As a student focused in this field, I want to quickly say something from a biomedical and pharmacological perspective. These aren’t bad results, in short - shit happens.

the whole reason it states that their primary endpoint ISNT statistically significant is because it’s compared to the baseline set by the vehicle. If you were to take the average vehicle reduction of the AUSTRALIAN trial, there was a 26% reduction. Comparatively, the treatment reducing lesions by ~40% is DEFINITELY statistically significant. This is also for inflammation which does highlight its antimicrobial effects as well.

the issue stems from the introduction of the American results, greatly increasing the supposed effects of the vehicle alone. There is no way there can be that much of a change in results from the same vehicle without an error being made. It’s even more confusing as the treatment groups have very similar results. But if you’re telling me you believe a vehicle, random paraffin, could reduce lesions by 45%, youre having a laugh. Disregarding the American mishap, the treatment is actually statistically significant.

So there’s two ways you can look at this. Read what you see, panic at the sight of “not statistically significant” and tremble as you attempt to leave with your position intact. Or alternatively, read through the lines and recognise there has been some form of mishap within the trial. Shit happens, if there’s a price drop tomorrow you better be sure I’ll be there buying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.055(16.9%)
Mkt cap ! $687.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
33.0¢ 38.0¢ 33.0¢ $7.103M 19.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 134000 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 650314 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.