SVL 1.08% 9.4¢ silver mines limited

Ann: Bowdens Silver Project Appeal Proceedings Outcome, page-89

1. 824 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    "what' going to happen to the supply of the Silver market"

Here's a hint for starters

- China added 216 GigaWatt of new solar in 2023 that required 420 milliion Ozs of Ag
    - The rest of the world added a further 93 GW requiring a further 180 million Ozs of Ag
    - New solar generation alone consumed 600 million Ozs in 2023
    - Australia needs to add 250 GW of new solar generation by 2030 to meet its emission targets. That will require 500 millions Ozs of Ag
    - That previous does not include plans for Australia to become one of the world's largest solar producers and exporters of electricity/and/or green Hydrogen
    - The world needs to add 25 terawatts of additional solar capacity to meet 2050 net zero targets that requires in excess of 1000 GW of additional solar generation be added every year between now and 2050, and every year that we fall short, that equation gets better or worse, depending on where you are looking from.
    - The world's mining community supplied 840 million Ozs of Ag in 2023, in a world that consumed 600m Ozs via PV cells alone, and a world in which if net zero is to be achieved by 2050, using a combination of 60/40 wind/solar split, requires over 50 BILLION Ozs of silver to achieve target.
    - China, has already begun by-passing the COMEX and LBMA and are buying directly from Sth America and paying a huge premium.
    - The Labor government have launched "Future Made in Australia" with plans to produce PV Cells in Newcastle a few hundred kilometres from what would have been a major silver producing mine. Gotta wonder whether they too, thought something would get approved?

Net zero is all but an impossible dream and the combined action of the NSW Appeals Court, The Greens, and the action groups, just made it an even larger impossible dream.

Did I miss anything out?

Last edited by deserthead: 17/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.