BUY 0.00% 0.4¢ bounty oil & gas nl

Are you trying to rub it in.. LOLI went to school in the North...

1. 91 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179

Are you trying to rub it in.. LOL

I went to school in the North many moons ago and I clearly remember the reef fishing and estuary crabbing as massive highlights.The estuaries were infested with crocs to. I'm talking 40 odd years ago, for a kid these day/ weekend camping trip's were always a massive adventure. Hinchinbrook Island to name one, permits required to camp there even back then.

Can remember one particular day the old man and our neighbour took us out of school to go drag netting, 2 x 44 gallon drums on the back of the 4WD and what I remember was a 100m odd drag net, perhaps larger.

The old man swimming it out way beyond his neckline, dragging the weight of the net in a big arc. Illegal these days that kind of netting without a licence I assume and rightly so? And more particularly a bit crazy considering what I had witnessed in the waters on many boating and crabbing trips up there. I remember there was a toss of the coin and an ensuing heated argument about who took the deep end. The tough risk v reward decisions of much simpler times mate. LOL.

Two pulls of the net and about 6 odd hours later we left with both drums full of cooked tiger prawns. Plus the bycatch. They boiled them in salt water on the beach in the 44 gallon drums before we left. Probably the happiest day I ever saw the old man as a kid, they knew the prawns were there and they collected.

Most were sold at the local bowls club to mates for beer money, if I remember it clearly? Simply incredible abundance in one patch of 200m x 200m of water.

My fishing trips these day comprise of the odd charter day out or a small bucket of dart and bream off the beach at the spit, but good fun all the same.

Enjoy, stay safe.

IMO
    DYOR
    Good luck to ALL Holders.

PS. Come on KP, release the pigeons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.994M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3205549 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3855399 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BUY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.