CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Jamwolf

If I knew what was in the line item, I would have a crack at giving it an apt description.

When trying to compare the expense to similar expenses for NWH and MLD, it was difficult to know if I was comparing like with like, because each used different terminology, and probably included different expenses. MLD has a line item, “Other expenses from ordinary activities”, and NWH has “Corporate costs”.

BYL's “Gross margin on services and land sales” is $12.012m, so its $6.644m Administration expense is 53.3% of that, which is high for what in essence is an earthmoving company that should have a lightly-staffed head office in an industrial area. If BYL's “Administration expense” could be pared to 3% of revenue, the NPAT would be significantly improved.

MLD's H1 2015 “Other expenses from ordinary activities” is $8.651m, which is 2.7% of its $319.687m Revenue, and MLD's $49.407m profit before tax is 15.455% of Revenue. In contrast, BYL's $6.644m Administration expense is 4.74% of its $135.779m Revenue, and its $4.405m profit before tax is 3.244% of Revenue.

I do not have H1 metrics for NWH, but its FY2014 Revenue was $1,134.5m, and its so-called Corporate costs were $8.9m, which is .78% of Revenue.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 24/02/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.