FGR 5.56% 5.1¢ first graphene limited

This could be an expensive lesson for FGR, yet it will be...

1. 1,066 Posts.
    This could be an expensive lesson for FGR, yet it will be interesting to see how their material performs in this application. SC's don't necessarily need to compete with batteries, not when they should be used alongside a battery in electric vehicles - being powered under braking and being used for acceleration, where most of the discharge happens for a battery and for which the supercap is a superior option. This could have a tremendous impact on the weight of a vehicle and more importantly the range it can travel. What isn't clear to me is what sort of material have they used for the current specs of the 'BEST' battery? The energy is stored at the surface in the supercap, so will using graphene (single-layer) or perhaps 2 or 3 layered micrographite help increase density, due to the massive surface area improvement? I'm only guessing, but this would be the only reason I'd take a punt on the improvements being attained. If it weren't for the fact that FGR are preparing to drop quite a bit of cash on this I wouldn't be too concerned, however as mentioned previously by everyone's new favourite person, FGR have quite the cash burn going already. Guess we'll find out, then again, it's only one avenue perhaps we'll have to stump up another round of cash for the next idea - only need to crack one good one for this to make a motza IMO, but probably quite a gamble
    Last edited by downsyde: 25/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $33.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $24.56K 486.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 115242 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 10405 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.