FGR 5.56% 5.1¢ first graphene limited

Hi @jumpstart nice work on the figures. Working through them...

1. 1,066 Posts.
    Hi @jumpstart nice work on the figures.  Working through them there are some assumptions that I feel should be cleared up.

1) There are equations regarding energy density in Wh/L which are used to derive a mass of graphite required to produce enough graphene to satisfy a market, the mass density for these is assumed to be 1L = 1Kg.  Most AA batteries have a density about 2.5 to 3 times this, i.e. a 4mL battery has a mass of 10-12g. Which if it is the same for a supercap would certainly throw those equations out a little, and not in a good way for FGR, but then that leads to the next assumption.

2) Are the mass densities of a battery and a supercap the same? And finally;

3) What is the mass fraction of the graphene in the BEST supercap? The above equations would assume that the entire mass of the supercap is the graphene, is this a reasonable assumption?

Other than that no real issues.  Sensors are one market, much like SC's are another.  I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the SC market if I were in charge at FGR.

The other side of the equation in terms of profitability is also overlooked in these equations.  And that would be the price point at which these items would sell at. FGR are talking about small SC's not ones capable of augmenting or replacing those in cars or power tools.  How much graphene would you need to build a powertool supercap and what price would you want for it? But then how much is in BEST? and what would be the potential price point? surely they'd have done the figures, we can only estimate.  

A mini sensor that requires a smidgen of graphene that you produce multitudes of isn't a bad idea, so long as each sensor doesn't want to be sold for a fraction of a cent, health related I could see justifying the price. But again I don't know enough details re mass of graphene, cost to produce, size of market, and potential price point.

I used to be waiting for an announcement relating to testing done for a graphene based drilling fluid, I guess nothing came of that as there was no news, not even of the it was no good variety, and material was sent over a year ago now! The numbers to me seemed to stack up really nicely in terms of volume of material required, ease of manufacture, and potential price point.  oh well.
    Last edited by downsyde: 26/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.003(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $33.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $24.56K 486.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 115242 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 10405 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.