BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Buddy Ohm Market Update, page-93

1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Hopefully the deal is now done and we get confirmation pre-open on Monday morning. No April Fool's joke!

But I think the intent behind the acquisition is of more consequence to shareholders than just academic interest. My opinion is that 'defensive pivot' is too simplistic a reason. While it is hard to argue that LiFX does not provide a 'shiny new object' for investors to focus on in the face of absent or delayed evidence of Ohm traction - I'm not sure it necessarily flies that this is the intent behind the acquisition.

The strategic 'fit' between Buddy and LiFi Labs would suggest calculated proactive intent. Not only does LiFX provide an immediate enhancement to the Ohm value proposition, but the IP within LiFX could enhance Ohm's ability to rapidly introduce a range of control functions to their offering. Furthermore, the nascent but clear traction that LiFX has into the home and into the relevant distribution channels for the residential market, provide significant opportunity for residential product expansion based on Buddy 'platform capabilities' or Ohm-lite capabilities. Whatever. My point being that it seems too good a fit to just be the serendipitous benefit of a defensive pivot. Feels like proactive intent.

Anyway, I hope so. I don't mind serendipitous benefits. And I don't mind delayed traction as long as lessons are learned, courses are corrected and progress is made. But I am uneasy with obfuscated failures. This doesn't feel like that to me. As yet.

All IMO and GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.