CVN 4.88% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

The upside: AC isn't hanging around in getting all the skittles...

1. 747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    The upside: AC isn't hanging around in getting all the skittles lined up for a drill when that opportunity becomes available. So good on ya AC.

The downside: In my view, the drill opportunity isn't yet available as neither Government, as far as I know, have yet ratified the Maritime Boundary Agreement signed on March 6th. I don't see how the drill can go ahead without that ratification being in place first.

The upside on that: TL goes to the polls in a weeks time, on May 12th , to elect a Parliament and hopefully, the new parliament will ratify the agreement as a matter of urgency.

The downside on that: The last TL elections were only held in July '17 but the elected government of Fretilin didn't last very long so back to the polls they go. This new election, from reports I've read, is also uncertain and quite fractious and could possibly result in another minority government unable to agree anything in parliament.

So, whereas I applaud the fact that CVN is progressing preparations, I will reserve my enthusiasm for when the Maritime Boundary Agreement finally gets ratified which I sincerely hope is soon.

What I do like in the announcement is that CVN are resourcing staff with the necessary drilling and production operator expertise. That bodes well for other licenses that CVN hold and may hold in the future. All IMO Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $353.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.3¢ 19.5¢ $194.1K 985.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 903500 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 427080 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.