IPL 1.71% $2.98 incitec pivot limited

I refrained from posting prior, however the webcast of the GI...

1. 1,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    I refrained from posting prior, however the webcast of the GI closure had much to be desired.

Analyst questions by analysts were handled with either lack of knowledge of the formation requested, or were answered with a sense of aloofness.

The overall sense was that the board had run out of negotiating tools, so instead went with an 'easier' plan to try and appease shareholders.
    Had the numbers been as dismal as before, and then this announcement had been lodged, the current staff would be seeking unemployment benefits right now. It is by sheer luck and outside market forces, that this company is cf positive.

Exposing itself to supply chains that depend entirely on external supply, and especially when ad-blu will suffer yet another shortfall by years end, means that we are fully exposed to any sort of price variance or supply chain interruption, and will likely be unable to exploit significantly profitable opportunities..

Let's hope that their fanboi attitude to Twiggy and his green hydrogen idea, somehow eventuates.
    As it is now, IPL is FMG's little b@tch, leaving us with literally NO negotiating power whatsoever.

IN my opinion only, mgmnt are likely pinning their hopes on a series of buyouts, because they are sh#t out of ideas, and operate far above their abilities.
    WES looks[?] a likely suitor for someone who can utilise the supply chains, and exploit any market shortfalls. No doubt though, they will want to pay less than $3/ps, at least. Cash is king, and they have a little bit laying around, looking for a decent home...

HOPEFULLY I /we have misread the intent of the split though, and better times are just ahead.
    Failing to capitalise in an almost apocalyptic fert. market would be a true sign of significant ineptness. Perhaps the golden goose is hiding just behind the curtain....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.050(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $5.787B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.96 $3.01 $2.94 $37.50M 12.56M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6044 $2.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.99 72703 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.99
  Change
0.050 ( 2.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.95 $3.01 $2.95 1667983
Last updated 15.59pm 20/05/2024 ?
IPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.